|[#1] DECCA: Phase 4 Stereo Concert Series
有無c hing 已經入手? 可否分享分享?
|[#2] DECCA: Phase 4 Stereo Concert Series
香港賣 less than HKD900 for 40 albums with original cover artwork！A good bargain and a collector item！
A comprehensive 40 CD overview of some of the most sonically-spectacular albums ever made, from a period when Decca enjoyed a clear technological lead over its competitors.
WHAT’S THE STORY?
• INCEPTION: ‘Phase 4 stereo’ was created in 1961 as an American subsidiary of Decca, and steered to success by New Yorker Tony D’Amato. 200 classical releases were eventually released within this label, with the first major classical releases 50 years ago in 1964.
• IMMEDIACY OF SOUND & A WIDE SOUND SPECTRUM: Using Decca’s 20-channel mixing desk, the label aimed to deliver an immediacy of sound which new recording and the LP techniques permitted, and thus give listeners an experience they would not obtain anywhere else either in the concert hall or from other labels. Phase 4 vividly expanded the scope and spectrum of recorded sound. See the YouTube video for details.
• THE TECHNOLOGY: A 4 track, 20 channel console mixer built especially by Decca. Each channel (recorded independently) of the console had equalisation and reverb/echo (electronic or chamber), and each channel was assignable to any of the 4 tracks of an Ampex tape recorder. For the early to mid-sixties this was state-of-the-art.
• Lift-off rigid cube box (in the style of L’Oiseau Lyre)
• Original Sleeves (front and back)
• 128-page full-colour English-language booklet including ‘The Story of Phase 4’ by Tim McDonald (Producer for Phase 4 from 1972-78).
• The collection includes no less than 11 discs featuring works which are first international CD releases - see below for listing.
• Phase 4 stepped into the classical arena in 1964 with the launch of the ‘concert series’, releasing over 200 albums in the series. Drawn largely from the concert series, this set shows Phase 4 in its prime – big classical works requiring large scale orchestras, ripe for the display of spectacular sound engineering feats. Big classical symphonies sit alongside major piano and violin concertos. Popular ballet titles such as Carmen, Swan Lake, Spartacus are also here.
• Film / Movie scores include Rózsa’s Music from Ben Hur, Music from the Great Hitchcock Movie Thrillers and Bernard Herrmann’s Journey to the Centre of the Earth.
• There are also big band specials, light classics from Arthur Fielder and Ketèlbey, Stokowski’s brilliant orchestral transcriptions and music which grabbed headlines back in the day – such as the Yellow River Concerto (first international CD release), probably the world’s most popular piece of Chinese-originated orchestral music.
• A BONUS CD in this set is Bob Sharples Battle Stereo. It took one year to produce, and required assistance from London’s crop of engineers to funnel all ten tape tracks down to the final two with the British Grenadier Guards and Her Majesty’s Horse Guards providing the soundtrack to what could be a motion picture about war.
• As well as its distinctive sound, Phase 4 was known for its range of loyal and charismatic artists. The included:
• The legendary Leopold Stokowski (star of Disney’s Fantasia) made several Phase 4 recordings, dating from the final years of his long and brilliant career and capturing his unique magic.
• Phase 4 stalwart Stanley Black, who excelled in every field imaginable from Latin-American to theatre, film and to classical.
• Antal Doráti who conducted the best-selling Peter and the Wolf, featuring Sean Connery as narrator.
• Academy Award-winner Bernard Herrmann, whose score of Journey to the Centre of the Earth had a lasting impact across Hollywood.
|[#3] DECCA: Phase 4 Stereo Concert Series
Phase Four Stereo Concert Series Box set
* first international release on CD
CD 1 Sousa: The Stars and Stripes Forever
CD 2 Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue (arr. Grofé) / An American in Paris / Variations on “I got rhythm”
CD 3 Khachaturian: Spartacus — Ballet Suite / Masquerade — Ballet suite/ Gayaneh — Ballet Suite
CD 4 Spectacular Dances
CD 5 Ravel: Boléro / Borodin: Polovtsian Dances /*Rimsky-Korsakov: Capriccio espagnol / Tchaikovsky: Capriccio italien, op.45
CD 6 Liszt: Piano Concerto Nos.1 & 2 / *Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No.2
CD 7 Dvorák: Symphony No.9 “From the New World” / Kodály Háry János — Suite
CD 8 Orff: Carmina Burana
CD 9 Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf / Lieutenant Kijé — Symphonic Suite / Britten: The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra
CD 10 Rossini / Respighi: La Boutique fantasque — Ballet suite / Suite Rossiniana
CD 11 The Magnificent voice of Eileen Farrell
CD 12 Fiedler Encores
CD 13 Gershwin: Overtures etc.
CD 14 Strauss II: Waltzes / Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker — suite
CD 15 & 16 Tchaikovsky Swan Lake, op.20 (complete)
CD 17 Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto / Mendelssohn: Violin Concerto in E minor
CD 18 Music from the Great Hitchcock Movie Thrillers
CD 19 Bernard Herrmann Journey to the Centre of the Earth etc.
CD 20 Bizet: Carmen — excerpts / Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.6 “Pathétique”
CD 21 Beethoven: Symphony No.6 in F major “Pastoral”/ Strauss: Till Eulenspiegels lustige Streiche
CD 22 *R Strauss: Tod und Verklärung, op.24 / Tchaikovsky: Francesca da Rimini / Prokofiev: Piano Concerto No.3
CD 23 Mahler: Symphony No.1 in D major “Titan” / *Wagner: Tannhäuser — Overture and Venusberg Music
CD 24 Americana
CD 25 Bizet: Carmen — Suite/ L’Arlésienne — Suite
CD 26 Offenbach (arr. Rosenthal): Gaîté parisienne — Ballet / Respighi Pines of Rome / Fountains of Rome
CD 27 Flamenco puro ‘live’
CD 28 The Immortal Works of Ketèlbey / Violin Encores
CD 29 Rózsa: Music from Ben Hur
CD 30 Beethoven: Egmont Overture / Symphony No.9
CD 31 Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique / La Damnation de Faust / Ballet des Sylphes / Ravel: Fanfare pour “L’Eventail de Jeanne” / Daphnis et Chloé — Suite No. 2
CD 32 Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition (trans. Stokowski) / Boris Godunov (Symphonic synthesis by Stokowski) / Night on the Bare Mountain (Orch. Stokowski) / Tchaikovsky: Overture “1812”
CD 33 Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade / Capriccio espagnol, op.34 / Borodin: Polovtsian Dances (Prince Igor — compl/orch. Rimsky-Korsakov & Glazunov)
CD 34 Tchaikovsky: Symphony No.5 / Glazunov: Violin Concerto in A minor
CD 35 Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake — selections / The Sleeping Beauty — selections / Romeo and Juliet — Fantasy Overture after Shakespeare/ Marche slave, op.31
CD 36 Vivaldi: The Four Seasons, op.8
CD 37 Wagner Extracts
CD 38 Orchestral Transcriptions: JS Bach / Byrd / Clarke / Schubert / Chopin / Tchaikovsky / Duparc / Rachmaninov
CD 39 *Yellow River Concerto / Mozart Piano Concerto No.21
CD 40 *Beethoven: Piano Sonata No.21 “Waldstein” / Schubert Fantasy in C major “Wanderer”, D760 / Stravinsky Three Movements from Petrouchka
CD41 BONUS CD Battle Stereo
最後修改時間: 2014-10-07 16:59:09
最新資訊 - 影音Sanwa Supply 推出支援 4K / 60p 雙向 HDMI 選擇器 400-SW034 2021-01-20
最新資訊 - 影音Harman 發布全新無線藍牙喇叭 Onyx Studio 7 2021-01-19
最新資訊 - 影音我們的 8 天 – 新漢年度陳列品大減價 第一擊即將啟動！ 2021-01-18
最新資訊 - 影音小體積大效果，KEF 發表全新革命性 Uni-Core 技術 2021-01-17